Involvement includes the selection of speakers and workshop leaders for McMaster’s annual IT Forum.
Member of a campus-wide technology group focused on the following.
- Capture the core services for teaching and learning (what is common across the faculties), and who is offering the service(s)
- Identify faculty specific services (unique to the faculties)
- Current state of Teaching & Learning technology, support etc.…at McMaster
- Where are the obvious gaps in technology, support
- Quick Wins?
- What higher education institutions are doing well with Teaching and Learning Technology
- Key faculty teaching and learning priorities for 2017 and beyond?
- What will it look like in 3 years if we have successfully executed a teaching and learning strategy? What are the big changes? What will the experience look like for students, faculty, external audiences, others?
- classroom technology
- third-party services (avenue to learn, mosaic)
- on-campus F2F services,
- blended development availability
The FHS Web Commons is a group that holds regular monthly meetings to discuss current issues, with the various platforms and technologies used across the Faculty of Health Sciences, for delivering web content. The discussions or presentation involve security, Sitefinity, Drupal, Moodle, WordPress and other technologies.
Serve as a member of the CASCADE team who oversees the CASCADE initiative withing the Faculty of Health Sciences.
I currently serve as a member of the Program For Faculty Development Team, and help plan their yearly offerings. The team meets bi-monthly.