The folks over at Insomniac Gamers are gearing up for a 20-hours gaming marathon, with all proceeds going to Child’s Play.
This Saturday July 20th, Insomniac Gamers will hold their second-ever gaming marathon to benefit the Child’s Play Charity. For those of you who haven’t heard of Child’s Play before, they are an organization who raises money to improve the lives of children in hospitals around the world. Money raised is used to buy games and toys, in an effort to help keep children with long term diseases happy during their stay in a hospital.
The Insomniac Gamers Marathon will see the Zelda, Pokemon, Super Mario Bros, Metal Gear Solid, and Dark Souls franchises being played, while the streamers interact with the live chat room.
The first charity event was held in October of 2012, and raised approximately $1800 for Child’s Play; a number they wish to beat this year.
You can join them on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 10:30 A.M. EST (GMT -5) at http://www.insomniacgamers.net, where all games will be stream via Twitch.
You can also contact them via igsitemanagers@
Full schedule of the streaming events below (subject to change; if gamer finishes early or later than scheduled, other times may be moved up or delayed):
- Metal Gear Solid 1 – 10:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. (Starting off the speed runs with a power walk)
- Resident Evil: Remake – 1:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Super Mario World 2 – 3:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Super Mario 64 (16 Star Run) – 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- Zelda: A Link to the Past – 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Dark Souls – 9:00 PM to 11:30 P.M.
- Metal Gear Solid 3 European Extreme – 11:30 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. (Est time is under 2 hours)
- Metal Gear Solid 3 European Extreme – 11:30 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. (posted twice to signify change of days)
- Pokémon Blue – 2:00 A.M. to 5:00 A.M.
- Dragon’s Dogma – 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 A.M.